Tuesday, November 06, 2012

SCD GARLIC BUTTER BREAD


I invented an awesome recipe last night and just had to share it with you. I've tried for years and suddenly it worked.

SCD GARLIC BUTTER BREAD

3 c. almond flour
1/4 c. melted butter
1/4 c. olive oil
3 eggs
1 tsp soda
1 tsp garlic powder or granules
1/2 tsp salt
1 c. grated parmesan or romano cheese (use Little Italy!) -- you will use up to 2 cups or more total

Put all ingredients in the food processor and whiz until mixed.

I baked mine a round jelly roll style pan (I used a Pampered Chef stoneware pan that is about this size), but you could also a smaller size baking pan like 11X7 or thereabouts.

Grease the pan and then put a small dusting of grated cheese on top. Gently press the dough on the pan. Use an additional 1 cup of grated cheese to help you do this so that your fingers don't get sticky. You should end up with a nice coating of grated cheese on top of the dough. If you desire, add a bit more so you have an even finish. On top of the cheese sprinkle Mama Garlic (Frontier) or some other type of garlic powder or salt. Melt 1/3 c. butter and gently drizzle it across the top of the dough.

Bake 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until puffed up and set and a bit brown.

Cut into warm segments and enjoy!!! It has a heavenly chewy type texture!