Thursday, October 16, 2008

Is Anyone Interested in Ordering from this Company?

One new product is very exciting and I wanted to get feedback from you about whether you'd be interested in occasionally ordering this.

A few months ago a friend of mine with a daughter who has been seriously ill with Celiac Sprue disease (gluten intolerance) discovered that her daughter could tolerate the raw probiotic sauerkraut made by a company in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania where they live. This is live active cultures, and certified organic. It is stored in the refrigerator section at the grocery store. Her daughter had been unable to tolerate dairy in any form whatsoever, even on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD), so discovering that she could ingest probiotics this old-fashioned way proved to be very beneficial to her recovery to health.

A family from our church was heading over to visit their relatives in Lancaster County so I asked if she would mind picking me up several quarts of this sauerkraut. She was amazed to discover that the family that makes this has just started attending her parents' church! She brought back 3 jars and we have been devouring them ever since. I find that I am able to tolerate this very easily.

This is really excellent sauerkraut. If you are accustomed to thinking that sauerkraut is sour and vinegary, this is not the same taste! It is salty and very fresh tasting, and there is only a slight "tang" to it.

I'm sure that many of you are up to making your own sauerkraut from Sally Fallon's instructions in her Nourishing Traditions cookbook. But for those of who are time-challenged, this is a wonderful option. I can periodically order this and stock up when our friends head over to Lancaster County, thereby avoiding the shipping charges. It is able to sit at room temperature for the car drive home with no adverse effects, other than it keeps fermenting!

Check out this website and the products and let me know if you'd be interested in ordering in the future.

www.willsvalley.com