Thursday, October 16, 2008

2 New Companies

Amy B has offered too coordinate orders for these two new companies that she is interested in. Please e-mail HER with your orders.

Two New Ordering Opportunities:


These teas come from Wayne County. We sampled them when we took a trip south last spring and they are great, which is saying something. I am a bit of a tea snob, buying the loose leaf and steeping them under a cozy and everything! I usually order from Harney and Sons, but since I have found this great tea, I have switched.

You will find herbal teas and tea blends, bagged tea and loose tea, and a variety of flavors. If you have a cold, a cup of the Peppermint Spearmint will have you breathing again in no time! It's really powerful but without the bitter, medicinal taste of some throat and sinus teas.

We will be ordering monthly, as we drink quite a bit of tea. Co-op members are invited to share in the savings with us, either monthly or bi-monthly. I am awaiting the bulk tea pricing sheets to share with you. In the mean time, check out the website and get an idea what you be interested in trying. The Farm was also highlighted on a recent episode of Our Ohio on PBS.

http://www.mintbrookmeadows.com


We are fans of curries and dahls, but I can never seem to get them right when I try to do it on my own. I have also been reading a lot about the preventative medicinal properties of many of the Indian spices, especially for sinus and allergy problems. This company offers spice packets already blended and ready to add to your dish. They also have ghee, many kinds of beans, and a selection of Greek, Japanese, Thai, and Chinese foods.

Because this probably won't be as common an order, we will start with a quarterly order (October, January, April, July), though if there arises the need for a more frequent cycle, that can be arranged). The only discount we are eligible for right now is the shipping discount, but if we find items that we would like case lots of, those will be at a reduced price as well.



UPDATE: Mint Brook Meadows has worked out a special arrangement for us since we are a cooperative. We will be getting a price even better than wholesale. Since many have not tried the teas yet, the first month we will be receiving a box of bulk tea in each of the flavors that come in bags (not the loose teas). This way everyone can sample the teas, and those who already know they want some can buy in large quantity. Next month we will be able to order whatever we like- more bulk tea bags, loose leaf teas, or even teas in boxes for gift giving.