Monday, November 12, 2007

WOW! Christmas shopping ideas via Coop!

Years ago I recall reading some very excellent advice from Mary Price, author of the book The Way Home, that dealt with stay-at-home moms with large families. She suggested doing mail-order catalogs for Christmas shopping as a way to avoid the hassle of taking small children out in the cold, hiring babysitters, etc. Of course, nowadays we have on-line shopping via the Internet which is also easy. But buying from catalogs is often costly.

I thought up a number of ideas for easy and inexpensive Coop Christmas shopping!

TROPICAL TRADITIONS:

Last year a number of us ordered Tropical Traditions creams, lotions, soaps, lip gloss, and cosmetic items for friends. They even have "Body Care Packages" at the bottom of their wholesale price form. This sounds like a wonderful, fun idea for that hard-to-buy-for person on your list.


FRONTIER:

Have you ever looked in the "Accessories" section of the Frontier catalog? It is just like going to a mall kitchen shop! There is a full range of nifty kitchen gadgets which are offered at wholesale prices. I have several older kids setting up households and this is a great way to get them things.

Don't forget Frontier's wonderful Aura Cacia line of lotions and cosmetics, bubble baths, bath salts, aromatherapy, etc.

Specialty teas and coffees make a great hospitality or gift-exchange gift. And you will be paying less for these!

Check out the clothing line of Maggie's Functional Organics! And view the Ecolution hemp towels and practical clothing. Last year I bought beautiful socks and towels for everyone! With the wholesale prices, you save considerably over how these things are priced in organic food stores!

OHIO CITY PASTAS:

Need to put on an impressive meal for company, or buy a special gift for a hard-to-buy-for friend? Consider the fresh raviolas and pastas. And you could give a few jars of the Little Italy Pasta or Marinara sauces along with it! See price list posted at : http://betweentworiverscoop.blogspot.com/2007/10/pastas-new-product.html


GIFT BASKETS:

If you are very creative, you could put together theme baskets with
  • Simply organic seasoning packets from Frontier
  • Little Italy Pasta sauces
  • salsas and chips from Manna
  • bean soup mixes from Something Better
  • olives or olive oil from Tropical Traditions
  • specialty organic pastas
  • Daddy Sam's BBQ Sawce, etc.

Or do theme baskets on chemical-free household products from Tropical Traditions, Golden granolas from Manna, dried fruits and nuts from Something Better. The possibilities are limitless!


HOSTESS GIFTS: This past weekend I had to stay with a friend when I attended a conference. I brought along a few gifts for her -- sweet potatoes from Ag Access and a bag of Golden blueberry-flax granola. She couldn't have been happier with the rare treats!