I made the peanut butter cookie recipe in Elaine Gottschall's Breaking the Vicious Cycle book with the coconut flour and they actually turned out better than they did with the nut flour. I think I will now try the other cookie recipes in her book using the coconut flour.
COCO - NUT BUTTER COOKIES
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. real peanut butter (or other nut butter)
1/2 c. honey
1 cup coconut flour (or nut flour)
2 eggs
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
Cream butter and peanut butter, add honey and eggs and vanilla. Then add flour and vanilla. Mix well. If you use the coconut flour you can form it into balls and flatten with a fork. Bake 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until slightly browned.
I also revised the Pumpkin-Coconut Squares recipe found at the Tropical Traditions website to fit SCD diets:
Make this in a food processor
1-1/2 cooked pureed winter squash
1/2 c. Tropical Traditions coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
3 eggs
2 T. coconut cream concentrate dissolved in 1/4 c. water
2 T. butter
2 T. coconut oil
1/4 c. honey
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
Blend it all very well. Pour into a greased 8X12 pan. Bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
It takes like pumpkin pie only with a slight coconut flavor. Store in the fridge. Eat for breakfast!!!